HOW & WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address. Our lawful basis for collecting your data is for legitimate interests i.e. we use the personal information you provide us: (a) to provide our products and services to you, including sharing necessary information with our courier service; (b) to verify that you are over 18; (c) to process your payment for the products; and (d) if you opt in, to inform you about similar products that we provide and to send you our newsletter (but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us). Your personal information will not be shared with third parties except where the law requires us to do so. When you browse our website we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to help us learn about your browser and operating system. Depending on how you interact with us, we may use Shopify, MailChimp, HubSpot and/or our own data storage databases to store your data. All data is stored behind a secure firewall.
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Subject to your consent, the following cookies will be placed on your terminal:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional. Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit. Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day. Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks. Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (which include accessing, amending or erasing the data we hold about you), register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Christopher Jaume, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call us on +44 (0)1347 808232.